Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Big Apple Pie.

You might believe that since I'm from New York doing anything involving the word "tourist" would give me post traumatic stress, and then an overpriced session with my shrink. Though usually doing anything touristy isn't on the top of my list, the sun shining and smell of summer must have had an affect on my "anti-tourist" receptors recently. I stumbled, literally, upon a guided tour the other day that seemed pretty epic and fun for just about anyone with a spontaneous bone in their body and little cash in their wallet. Scott's Pizza Tours go around the city to some of its famous and historical pizza places, where even the most knowledgeable New Yorker can learn a thing or two, and just be able to have fun. So if you're hungry and want a change of pace just grab a friend, have a few slices and laugh your spontaneously cheesy (get it?) afternoon away. Nobody ever said that staying cultured had to involve going to the MET or reading the Sunday Times every weekend. Go have a slice!

Meg's Tourist Tip:
I'm not going to lie, there have been a few times where I've had to weave my way around families or groups walking in SoHo wearing matching colored shirts and sporting oversized video cameras, and I've mumbled my frustration out under my breath. To avoid annoying fast-paced New Yorkers any further, if you're going to be visiting, do yourself a favor and write this down: leave all coordinated outfits, camera neck strap's and fanny pack's at home. Trust me, as we're approaching a season when it's easier to spot tourists than it is to find bodegas, this is for your own good.

No comments:

Post a Comment